K-12 School Shooting Incidents
Reasons Parents Decide To HomeSchool
- According to the National Center for Education Statistics (IES), up to 25% of parents listed safe environment concerns as the major reason for homeschooling. With school shootings and peer-related crimes on the rise, more parents are choosing to educate their kids behind the walls of their homes.
- The survey from EdChoice states that 42% of the parents wanted to give the freedom of exploring in their interests before the pandemic.
- About 14.5% of parents cited bad academic quality as the main reason for homeschooling.
- 13% decided to homeschool their kids because they wanted to provide and integrate religious instruction into the curriculum.
- Another group of 7.3% cited special needs as a reason for homeschooling.